Vb script to Jscript (FOR FLASH!!!)

Thread: Vb script to Jscript (FOR FLASH!!!)

Default Vb script to Jscript (FOR FLASH!!!)

Hi,<BR>--I have an object in flash which needs to be passed values dynamically.<BR> &#060;Object name = movie&#062;&#060;/object&#062;<BR>--I have a script in VBscript which does that. <BR> &#060;%<BR> title = "Image1"<BR> XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX<BR > %&#062;<BR>--I have a method in Javascript which can access the object and pass it values<BR> &#060;script&#062;<BR> function passflash(strtitle){<BR> window.movie.SetVariable("title",strtitle);<BR> }<BR> &#060;/script<BR><BR><BR>My questions is how do I call the function in Jscript with values from VBscript<BR><BR>Thank you very much<BR>Ricky

Default RE: Vb script to Jscript (FOR FLASH!!!)

from client-side VBScript? you shouldn&#039;t be using it. Use javascript. from ASP (server-side VBScript)? like this<BR><BR><BR>&#060;script&#062;<BR>function passflash(strtitle){<BR>window.movie.SetVariable(" title",strtitle);<BR>}<BR><BR>passflash(&#039;&#06 0;%= strtitle %&#062;&#039;);<BR><BR>&#060;/script&#062;<BR><BR>I usually just response.write them into the object tag though.<BR><BR>&#060;object&#062;<BR>&#060;param name="src" value="movie.swf?param=paramvalue" /&#062;<BR><BR>etc...<BR><BR>j<BR>

Ricky Chandarana Guest

Default RE: Vb script to Jscript (FOR FLASH!!!)

Thank YOU very much.<BR>I very much appreciate your response and YES it was really helpful. <BR><BR>I know of the way you mentioned about passing variables to flash as ".swf?paramname=value" . However I have to pass LOTS of variables and then it hangs up!!! I guess the HTML has a limit on how much I can pass on the object. So, I need to use this.<BR><BR>Well, thank you again and hope I can be of any help to you, now or in future.<BR>My email is rickygu@visto.com<BR><BR>Ricky