Thread: programmer

Default programmer

Hi <BR>I got 3 questions.<BR>1) I am trying to create a dictionary object in gobal.asa under<BR>application_onstart like<BR>sub application_onstart<BR>set application("stats")=server.createobject("scriptin g.dictionary")<BR>end sub<BR><BR>But I got the following error<BR>Application object error &#039ASP 0197 : 80004005&#039 <BR><BR>Disallowed object use <BR><BR>/galaxytoday2-SRC/global.asa, line 20 <BR><BR>Cannot add object with apartment model behavior to the application intrinsic object. <BR>How to solve this?<BR><BR>2)How to track how many bytes users are downloading from webpages.<BR><BR>3)How to track user-id and name of the user(His windows nt user-id)?<BR>request.servervariables("auth_user") is not returning the value.<BR><BR>Thanks<BR>Ravi<BR>

Default RE: programmer

try request.servervariables("logon_user")

Joe Fawcett Guest

I believe you can&#039t use Microsoft&#039s Dictionary in that way due to a mistake in the way the threading is marked. You need a third party one. (Caprock do one I think).

rajagopal Guest

i think i have already given you solution for q3.<BR>you cannot access from workstation. if you access from the server you can get this user id.(windows nt)<BR>have fun.<BR>