phine Guest

Default INSERT INTO

Please tell me my problem here.. It says my "INSERT INTO" statement is invalid. Please help me if you know anything about some syntax problems with my INSERT statement. I am testing this on IIS 5 with Win2k Server.<BR><BR>ERROR IS:<BR><BR>Microsoft JET Database Engine error &#039;80040e14&#039; <BR>Syntax error in INSERT INTO statement. <BR>/newuser.asp, line 96 <BR>-------------------------------------------------------<BR><BR>strSQL = INSERT INTO users (username, password) VALUES (&#039;blah1&#039;, &#039;blah2&#039;);<BR><BR>&#039;The line that is below is line 96<BR>oCnn.Execute strSQL, , adCmdText + adExecuteNoRecords

New ASP Guest

Default try this pls

strSQL = "INSERT INTO users (username, password) VALUES (&#039;blah1&#039;, &#039;blah2&#039;)"<BR><BR>oCnn.Execute(strSQL)

phine Guest

Default RE: try this pls

same error. :/

What kind of db are you using? I have had this problem with ms access, and have resorted to the recordset.addnew method

phine Guest

yea. if you look at my error message you can see that im using a Jet database, but isn&#039;t there a way to do this with the connection object!!???

New ASP Guest

I don&#039;t remember:<BR><BR>Is password the key word in DB? Change the field&#039;s nane from "password" to "mypw" and try it again.<BR><BR>My frined, I just think you don&#039;t have any other error.<BR>Say, you have good Conn opend... :)

phine Guest

LOL.. you know I thught the same thing, but wanted to put the thought out of my mind because I really didn&#039;t think that "password" was a reserved word and didn&#039;t want to change the structure, but since you suggested.. i tried and it worked! LOL.. to tell you the truth, this has been a real pain & I wish the MSDN would have said something about the reserved words. If anyone ever finds anything about them, please let me know. <BR><BR>thanks ;]

New ASP Guest

Default Thx let me know that!! <eof>