Form problem

Thread: Form problem

Default Form problem

Hi and thanks for trying to help.<BR><BR>I am trying to write a piece of code that take an email address entered in a form and do two things with it. First is to see if it is one of a few domains we have excluded (they are our competitors) and secondly to ping the domain address so those who enter in dummy data don&#039;t get the software to download.<BR><BR>Thanks

Default How is this a FORM problem???

I don&#039;t see how it has anything to do with forms, per se.<BR><BR>To find if it&#039;s an address in your list of banned ones, the easiest thing to do would be to put the banned ones in a database table and then do a SQL query "WHERE bannedAddr LIKE &#039;%emailAddressFromForm%&#039;" or something of that nature.<BR><BR>The other part is tougher. You need third party components (or write your own, of course) to do the reverse DNS lookup and the "ping". I know that has the lookup component; I think they might also have a ping component. But if not, others do. Find one of the ASP help sites that has a list of components--there are at least a couple of sites that have such a list, but I don&#039;t remember which they are offhand.<BR><BR><BR>