Modifying a DB across two servers

Thread: Modifying a DB across two servers

Default Modifying a DB across two servers

Does anybody know how to modify/search the same Access DB across two servers via ASP web app?<BR>Case in point -<BR>We have two servers, X and Y. <BR>X is Intranet files<BR>Y is Extranet files<BR><BR>I have an ASP app that manipulates an Access DB running on Server X. <BR>We have the EXACT (htm, asp, and mdb)same files on Server Y.<BR>I need for Server Y&#039s Access DB to be dynamically updated when Server X&#039s Access DB is changed.<BR>(Note - users who modifiy the Access DB on Server X DO NOT have access to Server Y)<BR><BR>Basically, I don&#039t want to copy and paste over the Access DB every night to make sure Server Y&#039s DB is in sync with Server X&#039s changes that occured that day. <BR><BR>Is there a way to update the DB on Server Y from the ASP scripts on Server X? <BR>Maybe open a conn string twice?<BR>EX -<BR>&#060;% <BR>conn.connstr1 = "DBQ=" & Server.Mappath("http://ServerX/supp_cat.mdb") & ";Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};"<BR>conn.connstr2 = = "DBQ=" & Server.Mappath("http://ServerY/supp_cat.mdb") & ";Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};"<BR> = connstr1, connstr2<BR>%&#062;<BR>Thanks

Default RE: Modifying a DB across two servers

I struggled with this for awhile... we had an HR job db on our intranet that was duplicated to our internet.<BR><BR>Basically the two solutions I came up with were:<BR><BR>-if the machines are on the same network, use an ODBC DNS datasource.<BR><BR>or<BR><BR>-(the one we choose to implement) Is use a program, such as FTP Control (, to FTP the database from the intranet location to the internet location every # mins/hours/days etc.<BR><BR>Hope this helps... Cheers!