Cursed '80040e14' error on CONTAINS

Thread: Cursed '80040e14' error on CONTAINS

Default Cursed '80040e14' error on CONTAINS

Hi,<BR><BR>I looked at a billion posts in the archives trying to find the answer to this problem I am having. I am trying to execute the following query against an Access database via ASP:<BR><BR>Select DeviceNumber, DeviceName, IPAddress, OEMName, OEMModel, OSType, OSVersion, CurrentUser, DeviceGUID, DeviceGroup, RebootDelay FROM Devices WHERE CONTAINS(DeviceGroup,&#039;1&#039;) ORDER BY DeviceNumber<BR><BR>Let me mention that even though the string I am searching for in the DeviceGroup column is a number, the field is text, and can contain text. Hence the single quotes.<BR><BR>When i execute this query, I get this:<BR>---------<BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039;80040e14&#039; <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression &#039;CONTAINS(DeviceGroup,&#039;1&#039;)&#039;.<B R>---------<BR><BR>Any clues? I&#039;ve looked at a dozen examples of the CONTAINS keyword, and all seem to indicate I am doing this correctly.<BR><BR>Thanks in advance<BR>BM

2. #2 Guest

Default RE: Cursed '80040e14' error on CONTAINS

Contains is not a built-in function in MS Access your where clause need to be <BR><BR>"where DeviceGroup like &#039;%1%&#039; "<BR>or<BR>"where DeviceGroup = &#039;1&#039; "