I'm Stumped..... Please Help?

Thread: I'm Stumped..... Please Help?

John Belthoff Guest

Default I'm Stumped..... Please Help?

Hi,<BR><BR>I have just written a News Headline asp page that searches Moreover.com&#039;s xml feeds and displays them on my site.<BR><BR>I am using ASPTear to gather the headlines and every 15 minutes it writes the headlines to an xml file on my server using the FileScriptingObject.<BR><BR>Here is the problem.<BR><BR>Somewhere old news xml feeds are cached either in my browser or somewhere else because every once and awile I get news headlines that don&#039;t match the current headlines at moreovers xml feed.<BR><BR>In fact they are from yesterday.<BR><BR>I noticed when I point my browser to Moreover it has a cached feed stored and I then then have to hit the refresh button to get the latest URL from Moreover.<BR><BR>I thought an asp page getting URLS with ASPTear.dll would not cache the URL&#039;s but I guess I&#039;m wrong.<BR><BR>Anyone have any ideas how to get fix my problem? I hope I explained it correctly<BR><BR>I&#039;m stumped.<BR><BR>Any help would be appreciated.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR><BR>JB<BR><BR>

Default microsft version of TEAR

Hi<BR>I&#039;m not sure if this will help (but it may)...<BR><BR>About a year ago, we were playing with ASPTear and having problems with the caching of pages which we could not resolve and we never received any replies from e-mails that we sent out..<BR><BR>BUT we discovered a Microsoft MFC C++ sample (TEAR) which we modified and I seem to remember that it helped - Sorry I can not be sure - it was several projects ago now and the old grey cells have long since given up (too much proper[warm]beer I guess)!!<BR><BR>If I remember correctly one of the WININET object (CHttpConnection or CInternetSession) has a cache control parameter..<BR><BR>Take a look at the source code at the following :-<BR>http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/devprods/vs6/visualc/vcsample/_sample_mfc_tear.htm

John Belthoff Guest

Default RE: I will check it out. Thanks