Index search error in Netscape

Thread: Index search error in Netscape

Default Index search error in Netscape

I have hit upon somthing of a problem. I am currently developing a site for a large corporation that are runing index search on IIS. It all works fine in explorer, no matter what search string i enter. However there is a problem with Netscape ( this is both Mac and PC ). If i enter a search string that contains a space I get the Following error<BR><BR>HTTP Error 400<BR><BR>400 Bad Request<BR><BR>Due to malformed syntax, the request could not be understood by the server. The client should not repeat the request without modifications.<BR><BR><BR>but if i enter a string without a space it works fine.<BR><BR>unfortunately i cant give the url, as it is password protected untill it goes live. However, the client&#039s current site, which uses the same facility has the same error.<BR><BR><BR><BR>try a search string such as ge seaco.<BR><BR>Does anybody know what could be causing this, and is there a fix for it?

Default RE: Index search error in Netscape

I tried the URL posted (, and did a search for ge seaco. It seemed to work fine..?<BR><BR>All I can think of in maybe you need to use Server.URLEncode if any of the information ends up in a QueryString. This will make a string which contains wierd characters and spaces into something URL-friendly.<BR><BR>Good luck!