Error Cause?

Thread: Error Cause?

s m Guest

Default Error Cause?

Can someone give me some insight as to the cause of this error? I&#039;m using a<BR>DSN that doesn&#039;t actually have a physical database. The code snippet WILL WORK WITH, for example, a DSN pointing to a ms access db.<BR><BR>This is my code:<BR><BR>set conn = server.createobject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>conn.Op en "someDSN" <BR>Set rs = conn.Execute(stmt)<BR><BR>&#039; -- Display information&#039;<BR>Do While Not rs.EOF<BR>rs.Fields(0).Value<BR>rs.Fields(1).Value <BR>rs.Fields(2).Value<BR>rs.Fields(3).Value<BR>rs .Fields(4).Value<BR>rs.MoveNext<BR>Loop<BR><BR>&#0 39; -- Undefine data&#039;<BR>rs.Close<BR>Set rs = Nothing<BR>conn.Close <BR>Set conn = Nothing<BR><BR>This is the error:<BR><BR>Error Type:<BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x8000FFFF)<BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data truncated<BR><BR>The error occurs at `Conn.Open "someDSN"<BR>

Default RE: Error Cause?

its nothing to do with the dsn. A field you are updating is being truncated in the database probably because in the db table its been set to a shorter value than your trying to update it to. Are any of the fields for example comments or large strings?

s m Guest

Default RE: Error Cause?

Thank you for your response. Yes, one of the fields can contain large comments -- it could be 2 or 3 lines worth of characters. <BR><BR>Now that we know what the problem is, could you provide us with any suggestions on how we can fix the code to make it work?<BR><BR>Thanks in advance.<BR>