I need to pull UNIX files using ASP

Thread: I need to pull UNIX files using ASP

LeeAnnie Guest

Default I need to pull UNIX files using ASP

I have a UNIX box with customer files on it that I would like to display on our intranet. The intranet is hosted on an IIS box. The only way that the files can be retrieved is using HTTP because of various security reasons. Both of these boxes are on the same network, but we cannot allow the UNIX directory to be shared.<BR><BR>Does anyone know how to retrieve these files using a technology like ASP, JScript or VBScript?<BR><BR>Thanks in advance.

Steve Cimino Guest

Default RE: XML

Use XML for the files... it is designed to be cross platform, and would fit well into your solution.<BR><BR>I just started learning it myself, so I can&#039;t give any real input on it except to buy a book and look around -- which what has been occupying my time as of late.

Default Ahh

So it is the answer to end all answers?<BR><BR><BR>

Steve Cimino Guest

Default RE: Hardly

It&#039;s the answer to all my headaches... but it does seem right on for what she wants (cross platform, without sharing files), don&#039;tcha think?<BR><BR>Side: Brewed up Irish Red Ale last night.. has to ferment for a week or so. Added half a pound of honey to up the alcohol content, and they say it adds crispness to the brew. You ready for some in a few weeks?

Default Guarantees

Wooo, sounds good.<BR><BR>ON the XML, I agree, just had to say something.<BR>Funny for me, we are a pure MS shop, yet its such a big focus.<BR><BR>SC. There are a few guarantees in life.<BR><BR>1. Concrete will Crack in WI.<BR>2. I am always ready for a beer.<BR>3. Men will forget some important date with their wife/fiance&#039;<BR>4. ..............