FrontPage 2000 and databases

Thread: FrontPage 2000 and databases

Default FrontPage 2000 and databases

I have a page displaying a list of items from an Access database. For each item there is a link to another page that accepts the ID field from the record selected. I want to add to the database based on the ID received. I can&#039t figure out how to reference the database on the new page. Is it still open from the other page querying it? Do I need to open it on every page that uses it? How do I reference it&#039s physical location on the web? Every Access example I&#039ve seen uses local databases and reference them via drive letter. Sorry for all the questions! :^)<BR><BR>I&#039m trying to wean myself off the darn Wizards!<BR><BR>Thank you very much.<BR><BR>Dani

Troy the ASP Boy Guest

Default RE: FrontPage 2000 and databases

Lots of questions OY!<BR><BR>FrontPage 2000 uses it&#039s own method of connecting to databases as far as I can tell. To truly customize your ASP pages you will need to learn ASP and dump the FP2k wizards. You will need to connect to the database using an ADO driver (i believe).<BR><BR>Check out Teach Yourself Active Server Pages in 24 hours by Sams.<BR><BR>Troy the ASP Boy<BR>