JScript image Information

Thread: JScript image Information

Emil Nadinic Guest

Default JScript image Information

Hi All,<BR><BR>I need to be able to do the following two tasks, and I&#039;m not sure which way to tackle it. <BR><BR>1) I need to be able to determine the x/y position of an image on the page, and its width and height (in pixels). <BR><BR>2) I need to be able to draw a horizontal and vertical line across this image. This line would then need to be able to be repositioned (via some left / right type commands from the user). <BR><BR>What can I achieve with JScript on this front, or do I need to build an ActiveX Component to do this (I&#039;m trying to keep this as cross-platform friendly as I can).<BR><BR>Thanks Kindly..<BR><BR>Emil Nadinic.<BR>

Default RE: JScript image Information

you can sort of do it, by poositioning your image with CSS-P<BR><BR>the line would be a temporary thing though....<BR><BR>j

Dan Evans Guest

Default RE: JScript image Information

The image attributes can be grabbed using basic JavaScript (I&#039;m not sure whether these are accessable in NS) using myImg.height, myImg.width and the CSS attributes for position on the page.<BR><BR>For lines over the image you could try putting a coloured DIV behind the image and using clipping to display portions of the DIV as needed<BR><BR>Hope this helps,<BR><BR>-Dan Evans