Problems with executing .asp pages

Thread: Problems with executing .asp pages

Bob Perini Guest

Default Problems with executing .asp pages

- PWS is all set up and running in Win95. <BR>- I run an xxx.asp file in the home directory, it accesses a <BR>database and returns the result OK. <BR>- I run a second yyy.asp file in the same directory, also reading <BR>database records, it seems to be looking and looking and gets nowhere. <BR>- I attempt to restart the machine (drastic, I know), and it <BR>tells me there is a task still running. This task is not visible from the task list. Ending the task the machine restarts. <BR>- Back again, PWS is up and running OK. <BR>- This time I run yyy.asp first. No problem. I can even run it successively with no problem. <BR>- Then running xxx.asp, it hangs again. <BR><BR>I have the impression, that when one .asp has run, some essential <BR>resources are not released. <BR>The database recordset is closed in the code. <BR><BR>Also, even though I can run the first file successfully, if I edit the file and refresh the browser (IE5), the changes are not reflected on the new screen. <BR><BR>Any help would be most appreciated. <BR><BR>

Default RE: Problems with executing .asp pages

known issue. I think the fix is at <BR><BR><BR><BR>if it&#039;s not there, try searching the site or browsing for it.<BR><BR>j