GetRows problem

Thread: GetRows problem

Mike H. Guest

Default GetRows problem

I am trying to do a GetRows on a recordset and getting an error which I cannot understand. Here is my code<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>set rsOE = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>rsOE.Ope n strOESQL, connDB, adOpenKeyset, adLockReadOnly, adCmdText<BR>if rsOE.BOF and rsOE.EOF then<BR> numOE = -1<BR>else<BR> arOE = rsOE.GetRows &#039;this is the line that gets error<BR> numOE = uBound(arOE, 2)<BR>end if<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>Here is the error:<BR>Error Type:<BR>Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A000D)<BR>Type mismatch<BR>/mySite/myPage.asp, line 66<BR><BR>(line 66 is the line that does the GetRows)<BR><BR>I have tried this with forwardonly, static and keyset cursors, but they all give the same error. I did a RecordCount and get 1, so I know I am not getting an empty recordset.<BR><BR>Any ideas? Thanks in advance.<BR>Mike<BR><BR>

Default RE: GetRows problem

How did you dim arOE? It shouldn&#039;t be dimmed as an array, just as <BR><BR>Dim arOE

Declare arOE as an Array. If this fails, search for getRows() ive seen an article on it

Mike H. Guest

Derek, you are on my list of "ASP Heroes". I looked the example in the book over several times and never noticed that. As soon as I changed that, it worked fine. Curious, though, since we get an array back why it wouldn&#039;t be dimmed as an array. Anyhow, thanks for the tip.<BR><BR>Mike