Com Object in Netscape6

Thread: Com Object in Netscape6

CousinIT Guest

Default Com Object in Netscape6

I have created a com (.dll) component using visual basic.<BR>When I load it in IE5.5 with the following code it works fine.<BR>When I try with Netscape6 the form in the dll isn&#039;t displayed and if i view the source I can see the connection string, including the password.<BR><BR>&#060;script language="javascript"&#062;<BR> var obj=new ActiveXObject("loadcourses.docourses");<BR> obj.coursewiz_web("&#060;%=session("My_ConnectionS tring")%&#062;");<BR>&#060;/script&#062;<BR><BR>2 questions.<BR>1: any ideas why it doesn&#039;t work with Netscape?<BR>2: why does the session variable "My_ConnectionString" show its value in netscape?<BR><BR>additional info:<BR>Server is IIS4.0 <BR>Client OS is NT4.0 <BR><BR>Thanks in advance

Default RE: Com Object in Netscape6

2 answers:<BR><BR>1. Netscape has never directly supported ActiveX. The ActiveXObject object is only available in JScript, not JavaScript. I&#039;m pretty sure that it won&#039;t work on a Mac either.<BR><BR>2. The connection string is visible because you have written it to the Response. It will be visible in IE too (or any other browser form that matter) if you care to look.<BR><BR>Dunc