ComboBox - Value and Text properties

Thread: ComboBox - Value and Text properties

Default ComboBox - Value and Text properties

Is it possible to access the "text" property using Request.Form()?<BR><BR>I have a situation where the option&#039;s "value" is different from the "text" in a SELECT tag and I need to display the "text" on the subsequent form generated by the Submit.<BR><BR>For instance, take: txtRegion = Request.Form("cboRegion")<BR><BR>This will return the "value" of the SELECT tag option. This will be something similar to a sequence number (e.g., 12345) because I use the sequence in a SQL statement. Suppose then that sequence 12345 is "South East". I need to show the user "South East" on the subsequent form as opposed to "12345".<BR><BR>Thanx in advance for any help offered!<BR><BR>Steve<BR><BR >

Default RE: ComboBox - Value and Text properties

You can always pass an array value in your form. Then on the requesting, split the string into an array of 2 elements, so you get the text and the value !<BR><BR>&#060;select&#062;<BR>&#060;option value="12345,South East"&#062;South East<BR>&#060;/select&#062;<BR><BR>the value can be split into an array - this should sort it !