ADODB.Connection error..Please help..

Thread: ADODB.Connection error..Please help..

Hema S Guest

Default ADODB.Connection error..Please help..

Hi everybody,<BR> I have this problem, a dsn that was working fine till yesterday, is now giving me the following error..<BR><BR>ADODB.Connection error &#039 800a0e7a&#039 <BR><BR>ADO could not find the specified provider. <BR><BR>/supporttest/includes/connectsupp.asp, line 4 <BR>This is where I try to open my dsn.<BR><BR>We&#039ve had to re-install NT, IIS after a system crash we has yesterday. The versions of NT, IIS are the same as before the crash (4.0), we&#039ve not upgraded. But my dsns have all stopped working..Apparently some configurations etc. may have changed.<BR>Does anyone have any idea of what the cause of the problem could be??<BR>Thanks for any help,<BR>Hema<BR>

Sathiya Guest

Default RE: ADODB.Connection error..Please help..

may be this can help you - details from<BR><BR>CAUSE<BR>The MSDASQL OLE DB provider is either unavailable or is not registered. This can be caused by an incomplete upgrade or a bad install of the Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) components. <BR><BR>RESOLUTION<BR>Here are two ways to resolve this problem: <BR>Register the Msdasql.dll using the following command: <BR> REGSVR32 "C:Program FilesCommon FilesSystemole dbMSDASQL.DLL"<BR>Uninstall and reinstall the ODBC portion of Internet Information Server (IIS) 4.0, either through the IIS 4.0 installation or through the MDAC Update download available at the following Web address: