Passing parameters to an ASP page.

Thread: Passing parameters to an ASP page.

Pery Guest

Default Passing parameters to an ASP page.

Would be great if someone helps me out of this.Iam trying to display a gif at a particular location on the hardisk.I have 2 files one a HTML and the other an ASP file to achieve the same.Here are the code snippets of the same.<BR><BR>HTML:<BR><BR>&#060;img SRC="AspPage2.asp?chartpath=D:PeryBUTTON-BLUE.gif"&#062;<BR><BR>ASP Page:<BR><BR>strpath = Request.QueryString("chartpath")<BR><BR>objStream. DisplayChart (strpath)<BR><BR>&#039;Object stream is a inhouse object that displays charts uing binary write.<BR><BR>However if i just pass the asp file and not any ?s after it on the html page it works(provided i hardcode the path in the asppage)<BR><BR>am i doing the syntax wrong or is there another way out.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Pery

Los Angeles, CA

Default RE: Passing parameters to an ASP page.

I dont get it why are you putting the ASP page as the source<BR><BR><BR>why not just <BR><BR>SRC="D:PeryBUTTON-BLUE.gif"<BR><BR>what are you trying to do??<BR><BR>

Pery Guest

Default RE: Passing parameters to an ASP page.

OK its like this.The gifs are generated in an app server wherein we have all the mts components.The web server and the appserver are not on the same boxes.So if i do SRC="D:PeryBUTTON-BLUE.gif", it will take the gifs from the web server which is not wanted.For this purpose i have created another component in the app server that does a binary write using a third party component and the inherent asp scripting context.<BR><BR>So from the ap page i want to pass the path to the app server component.<BR><BR>Hope this makes it more clearer.<BR><BR>Thanks