Error: ' 80004005' Disk or Network Error

Thread: Error: ' 80004005' Disk or Network Error

Chris Born Guest

Default Error: ' 80004005' Disk or Network Error

I&#039m currently working on a dealer search script that will search through available dealers based on the zip code that the user has typed in. However, I&#039m having trouble connecting to the database. When I run my script this is the error that comes up:<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Access Driver] Disk or network error. <BR>/asp/dealer_search.asp, line 18 <BR><BR>17 Set Connect = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>18 Connect.Open ";DSN=LLDealer"<BR><BR>According to someone that had the same problem they set the write permission for the IIS anonymous user account to the appropriate temp directory. However, this was not the case for as the anonymous account already has such permissions. I&#039ve check the permissions for the Folder and the Database and they appear to be alright (read/execute).<BR><BR>There are other scripts on the IIS server for other clients that are setup to connect up to Access databases through a DSN and these are having the same problem. For these scripts, and the one that I&#039m working on, I&#039ve tried DSNless connections but no luck. I&#039ve even tried using the original Excel file from which the database was imported from but I still get the same error. What&#039s more is that there is a working script on the server that does connect to a database correctly. However this script is run using ColdFusion and is connecting to a Paradox database.<BR><BR>I&#039ve checked through most ASP message boards, list servers, and news groups but I have not found a solution yet. Any information would be greatly appreciated.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>-Chris Born<BR>

Default RE: Error: ' 80004005' Disk or Network Err

These types of errors indicate that there is a problem making a connection. You might want to check your connection string or make sure you have everything set up right.<BR><BR>

Default RE: Error: ' 80004005' Disk or Network Err

They might need change permissions to the directory where the DB is too to write a lock file, depending on how the server is set up. <BR><BR>Try doing it without using a connection, something like:<BR>set rs = server.createobject("adodb.recordset")<BR> "select * from {some table name}","LLDeader",3,3<BR><BR>see if it gives the same error.