Tracking Daily referers Question -- updated

Thread: Tracking Daily referers Question -- updated

Brett Guarnieri Guest

Default Tracking Daily referers Question -- updated

I figured out how to stick stuff into an array.. i just needed to sort it.. but is this code actually legit, if not what&#039;s wrong with it?<BR><BR>select referer from [dailystats] where date=&#039;"&date()&"&#039;"<BR> sql, conn, 3, 3<BR>rs.movefirst<BR>i=1<BR>do until RS.EOF<BR>track = Array()<BR>if n+RS("referer") = "" then<BR> n+RS("referer") = RS("referer")<BR> count+RS("referer") = 1<BR> track(i) = count+RS("referer")<BR>else<BR> count+RS("referrer")++<BR> track(i) = track(i)++<BR>end if<BR>rs.movenext<BR>loop<BR>RS.Close<BR>Conn.Clos e<BR>set rs = nothing<BR>set conn = nothing

Default What language are you using?????

You use the & operator to concatenate strings, so it looks like VBScript.<BR><BR>Then you use the ++ operator, so it looks like JavaScript.<BR><BR>Then you use an = operator in an IF statement with THEN, so it appears to be VBScript.<BR><BR>Then you do<BR>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; track = Array( )<BR>which is *almost* JavaScript (you are missing the "new" operator if using JavaScript).<BR><BR>Then there is <BR>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; n+RS("referer") = RS("referer")<BR>which isn&#039;t legitimate in either language, at all.<BR><BR>Then you...<BR><BR>Well, in short, I make no sense of that code, whatsoever.<BR><BR>Make up your mind what language you are using and stick with that language, only.<BR><BR>