from form to Memo fields of Access Database

Thread: from form to Memo fields of Access Database

Default from form to Memo fields of Access Database

Can I write data from a form textarea to a memo field in Access database? And then can I retrieve the same data onto a form textarea for updation?<BR><BR>please through some light on this?

Nathan Pond Guest

Default RE: from form to Memo fields of Access Database

Yes.. using Active Server Pages you can go both ways with the data. You do need to submit the form though, then use ASP Request.Form("TextAreaName") to retrieve what&#039s in the textarea. Then a SQL statement to put it in the database. Something like this (assumming conn is your data connection object):<BR><BR>conn.Execute("INSERT INTO TableName(MemoField) values(" & Request.Form("TextAreaName") & ")"<BR><BR>this is very simplified, but I hope it gives you an idea.<BR><BR>Let me know if you want another example or even full code<BR><BR>Nathan

Default Thanks Nathan, But I need your help

Thanks Nathan,<BR><BR>I got the idea from your response. But I still have some problem. While retreiving the data from memo field to form, I cant maintain the format of the data. Actually I am using this as a small text editor window. You dsaid you could gve me full code, I think that would help. You can even mail me at <BR>mshas@hotmail.com<BR>Thanks,<BR>Shashin

Default RE: Thanks Nathan, But I need your help

FYI There is some info on this in the following post:<BR><BR>RE: Access Memo Field, converting emails/urls to links (Raymond Brogan) Fri, 11 Jun - 01:21 PM