Problems with MSCW next link

Thread: Problems with MSCW next link

Nick Ward Guest

Default Problems with MSCW next link

I have one of those problems i can&#039;t seem to solve! I&#039;m using the MSCW nextlink component to link through to different pages listed in some text files.<BR>I have 2 products that belong to different categories so in one page there is a product with a ?value=10 and when the product is listed in another page under a differnt category it might be ?value=20 <BR>So the code goes<BR> Dim MySlides<BR> Set MySlides=Server.CreateObject("MSWC.NextLink")<BR>i f request.querystring("value")="10" then<BR>strfile="10.txt" &#039; use this text file<BR>Else<BR>if request.querystring("value")="20" then<BR>strfile="10.txt" &#039;use this text file<BR>end if<BR> end if<BR> and so on...<BR><BR>If MySlides.GetListIndex (strfile) &#062; 1 Then<BR>%&#062;<BR> &#060;a href="&#060;%= MySlides.GetPreviousURL (strfile)%"&#062;Previous&#060;/a&#062; &#060;% End If %&#062;<BR>&#060;a href="&#060;%=MySlides.GetNextURL (strfile) %&#062;"Next&#060;/a&#062;<BR><BR>The first page opens that corresponds to the one in the text file. But because the statement is not being met by the next link it won&#039;t use the text file and consequently won&#039;t show the link on the next page.(just an error message)<BR>I&#039;ve tried adding ?vaule=10 on each of the file names in the text file but it doesn&#039;t want to link to the next file in the list, and just keeps reloading itself<BR>I also tried to overwrite the text file as the user selects a category but that won&#039;t work with more than 1 user at a time.<BR><BR>Any help would be much appreciated<BR>Thanks in advance<BR> <BR><BR>

Default the error message would help

nick ward Guest

Default RE: the error message would help

it comes up as <BR>MSWC.NextLink error &#039;80004005&#039; <BR><BR>ERROR can not translate virtual root, GetListIndex <BR>