Opening a SQL database.....

Thread: Opening a SQL database.....

Default Opening a SQL database.....

Help.....I m trying to connect to a dtabase on a SQL7 server, but don&#039;t understand why I am unable to connect using the below commands....<BR><BR>&#060;%set MyConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>MyConn. open "DSN=SRDEV;UID=sa;Password=;"<BR><BR>After a short period of time I get the following error....<BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80040E4D)<BR>[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user &#039;NT AUTHORITYANONYMOUS LOGON&#039;<BR><BR>I have tryied different UID&#039;s and Passwords but unable to get in. However I am able to get into the database through the thick client end....<BR><BR>Any ideas.........

Default RE: Opening a SQL database.....

I had a similar problem. If you are using IIS the Web Server will use its default anonymous internet access account (usually IUSR_machinename) to try to access the other server. Since this is usually a local machine account the other server will not be able to validate it and you will not be able to make a connection.