Access Memo Field, converting emails/urls to links

Thread: Access Memo Field, converting emails/urls to links

Default Access Memo Field, converting emails/urls to links

Does anyone know of away to convert email addresses (user@domain.com) and urls (http://www.domain.com) links from an access db memo field?

Ray Brogan Guest

Default RE: Access Memo Field, converting emails/urls to links

are you using jscript vbscript or perl?<BR>

I am using vbscript.

Raymond Brogan Guest

ok...cool<BR>to answer your question...no...you cannot write to a memo field and get that info back...for some reason when trying to retrieve the memo field from acces using asp the field is returned"NULL" and even if you try to force the script the result is the same.<BR>change the memo field into a text field and set the character value within access to 255 or lower. Besides....you dont want people loading your database with a huge set of characters, this will cause the system to &#039BOG Down&#039 and /or create more problems.<BR>once you do this you will be able to use the "INSERT INTO" statement better and the "UPDATE &#060;your tablename> SET" will still work the same. believe me...I spent 4 days coding and debugging to find this out.<BR>Hope this works for you!<BR>Happy Coding!

Default RE: Access Memo Field, converting emails/urls to links.. Still need help

I am not having any trouble inserting/updating access memo fields. What I would like to happen is when the users put in their email adresses and/or urls into the text of theire message (the access memo field), when this text is displayed to show the url/email as a clickable link. <BR><BR>I am using a DNS-less connection and primarily VB script (some j-script is used to validate feilds).<BR><BR>Thanks in advance for anyone that can shed some light on this subject.<BR>

Default The solution

FYI - I found the solution posted at http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/061399-3.shtml<BR><BR>Thanks for the help :)