Determining the Input Mask

Thread: Determining the Input Mask

Mark Maslar Guest

Default Determining the Input Mask

Microsoft Access allows a field&#039;s "Input Mask" to be set to values such as Password, Zip Code, etc. When reading the database in ASP, I&#039;d like to know if there&#039;s any way to determine whether it&#039;s a Password field. Any thoughts or samples would be appreciated.<BR><BR>Regards,<BR>Mark Maslar<BR>

Default RE: Determining the Input Mask

You can&#039;t do this via ADODB.<BR><BR>You *might* be able to do it by scripting the Access DLL directly (that is, treating Access as an ActiveX object), but that&#039;s a dozen times more complicated, if it is even possible.<BR><BR>Input masks, output formats, precanned queries, etc., etc., are all part of the Access *product* and are stored somewhat separately from the data, per se. When you use ADODB to get to the database, you can only get to what the ODBC (or OLE DB) driver can "see", which is mostly (though not entirely) what SQL can "see."<BR><BR>

Mark Maslar Guest

Default RE: Determining the Input Mask

Thanks for the info! As a simple workaround, I&#039;m examining the field name to see if it&#039;s called "Password". Not the elegant solution I was hoping for, but it works... for now.