HTML E-Mail in AOL, Hotmail

Thread: HTML E-Mail in AOL, Hotmail

Default HTML E-Mail in AOL, Hotmail

I&#039;m creating an HTMl newsletter which thus far works perfectly with MS Outlook, Netscape Messenger and a couple of the Web mail services. However, it does not work properly with Hotmail and AOL (go figure!). The problem has to do with displaying the photographs; they come up as broken images on AOL and Hotmail. Here&#039;s the skeletal code:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>Dim objMail<BR>Set objMail = CreateObject("CDONTS.Newmail")<BR>objMail.TO = ""<BR>objMail.From = ""<BR>objmail.Subject = "The Title"<BR>objMail.MailFormat = cdoMailFormatMime<BR>objMail.BodyFormat = cdoBodyFormatHTML<BR>objMail.Body = "&#060;html&#062;&#060;body&#062;CODE HERE&#060;/body&#062;&#060;/html&#062;"<BR>objMail.ContentBase = ""<BR>objMail.ContentLocation = ""<BR>objMail.send<BR>set objMail = Nothing<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>This works fine in Outlook. But how do I get images to display in AOL and Hotmail? I know it&#039;s possible. Thanks.

Default RE: HTML E-Mail in AOL, Hotmail

1. hotmail strips HTML from mails, according to recent publicity.<BR>2. AOL doesn&#039;t support HTML - or didn&#039;t in it&#039;s version 4.0 incarnation. It may support a weird subset of HTML for email<BR><BR>j