If statement

Thread: If statement

Veronica Guest

Default If statement

I am writing some code in an include file which is this:<BR><BR>&#060;%Response.buffer = True%&#062;<BR>&#060;%<BR>&#039;The user will only be allowed to view data, no adding, deleting or updating.<BR><BR>Dim usrType<BR>Dim sAction<BR><BR>Function HasAdminRights(securitylevel, ActID)<BR>If securitylevel&#060;&#062;"1" Then<BR> If ActId = 1 Then<BR> sAction = "response.write readonly"<BR> else<BR> sAction ="response.write disabled"<BR> End if <BR> <BR> HasAdminRights = sAction<BR>End if<BR>End function<BR><BR>Problem is it will only work when I use the "&#060;&#062;" sign but will not work if I use the "=" sign. Please someone help me, what could be the problwm. I did add a "Response.Buffer at the top of the page but it will still not work.

Default RE: If statement

response.write securitylevel <BR>before the if statement to see what the value is also check that is a "1" not a 1 (i.e. a number).<BR><BR>Also:<BR> sAction = "response.write readonly" <BR>What are you planning to do with that?<BR><BR>

Veronica Guest

Default RE: If statement

The sAction response.write readonly will only allow the user to read the data on the form and is unable to dele or change it.

Veronica Guest

Default Oli or anyone

I tried the response.write securitylevel before if statement

Eddie Campbell Guest

Default RE: Oli or anyone

Well, are you going to tell us what you got ?<BR><BR>As Oli said, are you sure that you are sending a string ("1") rather than a number (1)?<BR><BR>What happens if you reome the " marks like this ?<BR>If securitylevel = 1 Then <BR>