Disconnecting a RecordSet - Urgent (aren't th

Thread: Disconnecting a RecordSet - Urgent (aren't th

Two-Bits Guest

Default Disconnecting a RecordSet - Urgent (aren't th

&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; I just rewrote an entire web app to make use of disconnected recordsets (recordsets whose active db connections have been severed to improve server performance) as well as other things. But on the line where I actually sever the connection, I get an error stating that the operation is not allowed when the object is open (the recordset). Well I&#039;m certainly not going to close my recordset first to appease the run-time engine, that would defeat the purpose! Here is the ASP Function code:<BR><BR>Function getDRS(sql)<BR>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Dim rs_temp<BR>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Set rs_temp = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.RecordSet")<BR>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; rs_temp.open sql, conn, adOpenStatic<BR>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Set rs_temp.ActiveConnection = Nothing &#039; error here<BR>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Set getDRS = rs_temp<BR>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Set rs_temp = Nothing<BR>End Function<BR><BR>adovbs.inc is included and the conn object does exist. I&#039;m completely stumped, any ideas? - Two-Bits

Default RE: Disconnecting a RecordSet - Urgent (aren'

You need to set the CursorLocation property of the recordset to adUseClient.<BR><BR>Dunc