ODBC Drivers error '80020009' when readi

Thread: ODBC Drivers error '80020009' when readi

Charles Guest

Default ODBC Drivers error '80020009' when readi

I&#039;m currently pulling records from a MySQL database through ASP and I&#039;m getting a strange error. When trying to print the results of a &#039;date&#039; field "CurDate" I&#039;m getting the following error:<BR><BR>"Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039;80020009&#039; <BR><BR>Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status value, if available. No work was done. "<BR><BR>I&#039;ve tried deleting and re-adding the record to MySQL and I&#039;ve tried specifying the order of the fields so that the text/Blobs were at the end. So far I&#039;ve got nothing to work correctly. Other date fields print just fine, just not for that particular record and I can see no reason why this record would be any different. <BR><BR>Can anyone help??<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR><BR>Charles<BR>

Default RE: ODBC Drivers error '80020009' when r

A quick search on MSDN found the answer.<BR><BR>See http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q175/2/39.ASP

Fazio Guest

Default SQL statements

What SQL statements are you using to pull this RS? Are you using stored procedures or just statements in you page?

Charles Guest

Default RE: SQL statements

It&#039;s ok, got it figured out. Supposedly mySQL will store invalid dates, the date entered by a user was 2001-04-31 and there is not 31 days in April. Guess it&#039;s time for some extra validation. :-)<BR><BR>