varchar column gets truncated when printed

Thread: varchar column gets truncated when printed

Wasoo Guest

Default varchar column gets truncated when printed

Hi all,<BR>I&#039;d thankful to u if can help me out on this issue. I have a table containing a varchar fld of 600 in length (SQL Server 7). Now when i try<BR>to browse a ASP Page which opens a recordset and prints out this fld the output would get truncated to 256 chars even though the data in the column is more than 256 in length. Any ideas<BR>why this is happening ???<BR><BR>The code looks somewhat like this :-<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>create connection object<BR>create recordset object<BR>open connection<BR> "select description from test where rid = 1",cn,adOpenKeyset<BR>if not(rs.bof and rs.eof) then%&#062;<BR>&#060;%=rs("description")%&#062; &#039;this stmt displays only the first 256 chars; not the entire value of the fld<BR>&#060;%end if%&#062;<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>thanks<BR>vasu<BR><BR> <BR><BR>

Default RE: varchar column gets truncated when printed

I ran into the same problem setting up a clients production site on SQL Server 7.0.<BR><BR>Easy fix is to update the MDAC components. Just visit microsoft and look for the appropriate upgrade for you.