Internet Explorer; an ASP error message

Thread: Internet Explorer; an ASP error message

Ron Miller Guest

Default Internet Explorer; an ASP error message

I have recently started to suffer terribly frequent crashes in Internet Explorer 5.50 on my home PC. Usually it stops, offers to send a crash report to MS, and then lets me restart. Sometimes, in the same place on a Web site that usually generates the crash, I get this error message, instead:<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039;80040e14&#039; <BR>[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint &#039;PK_USERS_LOG&#039;. Cannot insert duplicate key in object &#039;USERS_LOG&#039;. /users/common.asp, line 163<BR><BR>I know nothing about Active Server Pages so my question is: does this error message refer to an ASP function? If so, are there any suggestions for repairing my installation of IE? I have upgraded from version 5.01 to 5.50 to 5.5,SP1, and I have upgraded my OS from Windows 98 to 98SE, but I cannot stop these frequent crashes of Internet Explorer. Any help appreciated. Thanks<BR>Ron Miller

Los Angeles, CA

Default RE: Internet Explorer; an ASP error message

What it means is you are trying to insert a value into a column in a table which already exists...your table is set up suck that it does not allow duplicate values<BR><BR>

Ron Miller Guest

Default RE: Internet Explorer; an ASP error message

Thanks for the reply. I don&#039;t need to know what the message means as much as I need to know if the problem is on my computer or on the Web page. I get this error from lots of different Web sites, so I am wondering if there is anything I can do to stop my browser (IE 5.50) from crashing with this message all the time. Thanks in advance to anyone who can give me a clue on this.<BR>Ron Miller