Access Performance Issue?

Thread: Access Performance Issue?

slinger Guest

Default Access Performance Issue?

I am using Access, IIS 4, and VB to take data from a form and place it into my database. I am encountering performance problems. When I fill out my form and submit it to my Access db several times in a row, not all of records are sent to my database. Even by Access standards, this preformance is pretty bad. Any suggestions -- besides using something other than Access -- to pick up my performance? Here is my connection code: <BR><BR>Dim Connect, OnTraining, Query, strConnect<BR>strConnect = "DSN=Training"<BR>Set OnTraining = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>OnTraini ng.Open "Request", strConnect, adOpenStatic, _<BR> adLockOptimistic, adCmdTable<BR><BR>...then I close the connection with this...<BR><BR>OnTraining.Close<BR>Set Query = nothing<BR>strConnect.Close

Default RE: Access Performance Issue?

firstly, don&#039;t use DSNs - they&#039;re very slow. use OLEDB strings instead - article on in the ASP section

Set rs=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.RecordSet")<BR> DSNtemp="DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; "<BR> DSNtemp=DSNtemp & "DBQ=" & server.mappath("New.mdb")<BR> rs.Open "query",DSNtemp,3,2,&H0002<BR><BR> try like may increase ur performance<BR><BR><BR>

J. Paul Schmidt Guest

And here&#039;s another idea for you:<BR><BR>Use adOpenForwardOnly cursor (the default) whenever possible for speed, but use adOpenStatic if want to use rs.MovePrev or rs.RecordCount.<BR><BR>Best regards,<BR>-Paul<BR><BR>J. Paul Schmidt, MBA<BR>Databases on the Web<BR><BR><BR><BR>