ADODB.Recordset error '800a0bb9' Urgentl

Thread: ADODB.Recordset error '800a0bb9' Urgentl

Isla Guest

Default ADODB.Recordset error '800a0bb9' Urgentl

Hi Guys, <BR>I&#039;m trying to pull records from an Access db for editing/deleting however I keep getting this error: <BR>"The application is using arguments that are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are in conflict with one another." <BR><BR>I checked all my Table & Entry names to make sure however it just doesn&#039;t seem to work. <BR>A chunk of my code is as follows: <BR> Dim rsFieldEntry <BR> Dim blnNew <BR> Set rsFieldEntry=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset" ) <BR> rsFieldEntry.Open "FieldTest",objConn, adOpenForwardOnly, adLockOptimistic, adCmdTable <BR> If Request.Form("Delete") &#060;&#062; " " Then &#039;user wishes to delete an item <BR> rsFieldEntry.Filter = "FieldTestID = " & Request("FieldTestID") <BR> If Not rsFieldEntry.EOF Then rsFieldEntry.Delete <BR> Else <BR><BR>The offending line of code is : <BR><BR>rsFieldEntry.Filter = "FieldTestID = " & Request("FieldTestID") <BR><BR>I have also tried using &#039; &#039; instead of "" but to now avail as I then get a Microsoft VBScript compilation error &#039;800a03ea&#039; Syntax error .Also is it of any relevance that FieldTestID is an autonumber?<BR><BR><BR>

Default RE: ADODB.Recordset error '800a0bb9' Urg

you can&#039;t filter a forward only recordset. change it to adOpenKeyset<BR><BR>j

Default RE: ADODB.Recordset error '800a0bb9' Urg

Does it work after changing to adOpenKeyset?<BR>You might still have problem as I don&#039;t think you can add numeric variable to a string on the line here<BR><BR>rsFieldEntry.Filter = "FieldTestID = " & Request("FieldTestID") <BR>If it doesn&#039;t work try <BR>rsFieldEntry.Filter = "FieldTestID = " & Cstr(Request("FieldTestID"))<BR><BR> <BR><BR><BR>