Having Problems WRITING using DSN-LESS connections

Thread: Having Problems WRITING using DSN-LESS connections

Ronald Aai Guest

Default Having Problems WRITING using DSN-LESS connections

Can anyone tell me what does the below error means?<BR>-------------------------------------------------------<BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access 97 Driver] Can&#039t update. Database or object is read-only. <BR><BR>/signup_automation.asp, line 67 <BR>--------------------------------------------------------<BR>The above error does not occur when I run it on my local server,<BR>only happens when I use it on my live server.<BR><BR>Help is needed,<BR>Regards,<BR>Ronald Aai.

Default RE: Having Problems WRITING using DSN-LESS connect

probably a directory permissions problem.<BR><BR>the directory in which your Access database resides must be set to allow all to read/write/etc to it. in other words, give all permissions to all users on that directory.<BR><BR>

Spooky Guest

Default Similar problem

What (rxd) etc rights are needed?<BR>I am trying to access a directory below inetpub through a FP web set to "Authenticate" . This reads a mdb in a subdirectory of this web (viewable but not part of it) with permissions set to "change" for an "All" NT group with me as an administrator.<BR><BR>I can change records no probs, but other users can not. I dont think FP permissions are effecting it, but I cant be sure.<BR><BR>Im using a file DSN too with the same error message, system gives similar problems, but I think the message is more like "database is locked"<BR><BR>What exact permissions can I give?

Ronald Aai Guest

Default RE: Similar problem

Yeah, It is the directory permission which causes the problem. But how do I prevent other web site operators on my webserver in viewing my directory which has the accessdb. If I set the permission to read/write access to all users. One could easily write a ASP file to list/write/change the database. Is there any cure for this?