not enough space

Thread: not enough space

nek Guest

Default not enough space

I keep getting the following error whenever I run my scripts<BR>"Not enough space on temporary disk. " Then it points to specific line on my script which is as follows:<BR>"rst.cachesize=3"<BR><BR>Please help out why can&#039;t my script run?<BR><BR>

Lurker Guest

Default RE: not enough space

You *have* checked to see that you do have enough free disk space haven&#039;t you ?<BR><BR>You really ought to have at least 100 Mb free space just to keep your machine running OK, and more if you are dealing with larger recordsets.

nek Guest

This script is running from an FTP server. Is the problem with space on the client machine or is it with the server?

Lurker Guest

I&#039;m not 100% sure, but I would guess that if it is a server side script, then it must be using the server&#039;s disks to cache on.<BR><BR>This might be completely wrong, but it does sound right to me.

Mike Shaffer Guest

This wouldn&#039;t be Access 2000, would it?<BR><BR>Check these two things:<BR><BR>First, create a DOS session (run CMD or COMMAND) and type &#039;set&#039;, check to see what the environment var TEMP is set to. Be sure that whatever disk it is pointing at has plenty of room.<BR><BR>Second, check out the registry value at:<BR><BR>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftJet4 .0EnginesJet 4.0<BR><BR>You *SHOULD* be able to take it as high as 512 without any problem. <BR><BR>HOWEVER - I should warn you that any time you make changes to your system&#039;s registry, you can severely screw your machine. BE CAREFUL - HAVE A BACKUP - and YOU DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK.<BR><BR>Have a nice day. ;-)