Is this possible

Thread: Is this possible

Avril Guest

Default Is this possible

Here's my problem. I have a form with a number of different form elements on it. Depending on which combination of form elements are chosen a count sql stmt (ie. select count id from table1 where ....) is exceuted and the result is printed out on another asp page. Then the user hits a back button to bring them back to the form again so that they can run another query. Is there any way I can maintain the old results on the screen even when I run a new query so that comparisons can be made. I only set up one recordset by the way which handles whichever one of about 20 sql statements is executed.

Vadim Guest

Default RE: Is this possible

Yeah it&#039;s possible, <BR><BR>Try using a combination of Session variables and Arrays. The array can store say 1 result per "slot", and the Session variable will store the array. <BR><BR>Then simply redisplay those values if you desire by looping through the called array.<BR><BR>This is one method, and surely there are others, since yes... Session variables are "hateful" by many (I like them sadly... but yeah, resources get used). <BR><BR>Vadim C.

Avril Guest

Thanks for your response. I have never worked with session variables before but I guess now is as good a time as any to learn.

Vadim Guest

Read here for some help on Session Variables, also use google search for some pages on it. There are plenty of pages on this I&#039;m sure.<BR><BR><BR><BR>Vadim C.