Conn Str in Global.asa

Thread: Conn Str in Global.asa

Tony Guest

Default Conn Str in Global.asa

Is there any reason why I couldn&#039;t/shouldn&#039;t store a connection string in the global.asa like so: <BR><BR>sub Application_OnStart() <BR> Application("dbConn_ConnectionString") = "my conn string..." <BR>end sub <BR><BR>There are times when my fails when using this Application Variable as the connection string. <BR><BR>Thank you for your help in advance, <BR><BR>Tony

Los Angeles, CA

Default No reason

it SHOULD work fine<BR><BR>check for the value of the application variable on the page and see if it is right<BR><BR>what is the error you get when you open the connection

Tony Guest

Default variable is an empty string

The Application variable is an empty string. So, the global.asa must not be initializing properly. <BR><BR>Here&#039;s the code I use in global.asa to set the value:<BR><BR>sub Application_OnStart()<BR> Application("dbConn_ConnectionString") = & _<BR> "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _<BR> "Data Source=(drive):(dir)db.mdb;" & _<BR> "Persist Security Info=False"<BR>end sub<BR><BR>Thanks for your help

Tony Guest

Default figured it out

Akhilesh, I figured it out.<BR><BR>For some reason, this Virtual Directory was not set up as an "Application" and therefore Application_OnStart was never firing. <BR><BR>Thank you for your help, <BR><BR>Tony