Thread: Server.CreateObject('')

David Mathieu Guest

Default Server.CreateObject('')

When you use server.createObject, where does the object accually get created. Is it on the server or the client machine. Also do these objects get created in any particular folder, if so do these folders need to have all permissions to work. Thanks again.<BR>

Steve Cimino Guest

Default Ummm....

Not much gray area, here, huh? If you&#039;re doing a SERVER.CreateObject.... why would you think it&#039;s executing on the client?<BR><BR>Objects aren&#039;t created in folders... they&#039;re created in memory. What exactly are you asking? Are you having some sort of problem with something?

Los Angeles, CA

Default RE: Server.CreateObject('')

Well i would THINK it is on the server in i would fo on to say IMO the object is NOT really created but ONLY a refrence to the object is created...though i could be wrong like i usally am

David Mathieu Guest

Default RE: Ummm....

What I actually ment was that I am creating an object<BR><BR> Set ScriptObject = Scripting.FileSystemObject <BR><BR>which works fine and then with the Object I create a file object<BR><BR> Set myfile = ScriptObject.CreateTextFile(serverDir)<BR><BR>This works fine locally however when it is uploaded to my site it crashes with this error :<BR><BR>Server object error &#039;ASP 0177 : 800a0046&#039; <BR><BR>Server.CreateObject Failed <BR><BR>/powershift_jay/resume/act_postResume.asp, line 50 <BR><BR>The operation completed successfully. <BR><BR>Now I can repeat this error localy by setting read access only to the folder. But my network administrators/tech support guys tell me that the folder has all permissions set.