Thread: Checkbox

Bhavna Guest

Default Checkbox

I am making a small ASP application.In one of the page i am using checkboxes.I would like to insert into a table all the items that have been checked.So i have written a onclick method in <script></script> of the same form where i am trying to get the checked items list by using document.form.But such a thing does not work as the connection object gives error .I would highly appreciate any help on this problem.

Los Angeles, CA

Default RE: Checkbox

Give ALL your check boxes the same name and set the VALUE = the ID of the checkboxes.<BR><BR>when you submit the page in the ASP code the request object will be a , delimited sting having the IDs of ALL the checkboxes that were checked.

Default RE: Checkbox

I am having a similar problem. I have a query that populates a table, one colum being checkboxes. All checkboxes are named the same, and they all = their ID. <BR><BR>When I pass the checked variables to the next results page, it works fine if I have only 1 item checked. If I check multiple items I get this error: <BR>Error Type:<BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80040E14)<BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax error (comma) in query expression &#039;PID = 2, 14&#039;.<BR>/hostchart/www/compare_shared.asp, line 15<BR><BR>It&#039;s not picking up on the multiple entries. What am I missing?