Hyperlinks & insert record?

Thread: Hyperlinks & insert record?

Dave Bull Guest

Default Hyperlinks & insert record?

Hi all,<BR><BR>If i had a list of flash movies being retrieved from an access database on<BR>screen could I turn the list into hyperlinks so when a movie is clicked on<BR>ultradev would:<BR><BR>i) Go to the movie page and play<BR><BR>and<BR><BR>ii) Write the username, the movie title and the time/date to the access<BR>database as well?<BR><BR>anybody got any suggestions?<BR><BR>I can do the first part (the list turning into hyperlinks) but the solution<BR>to the second part is eluding me!<BR><BR>thanks all<BR><BR>Dave<BR>

Default RE: Hyperlinks & insert record?

Did you write to the database originally? As reading and writing to mdb&#039;s in Access and ASP is relatively simple.<BR><BR>You need to connect (using a connection string), write(using a recordset) and close.<BR><BR>e.g.<BR><BR>Dim objConn, objRS<BR>Set objConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>Set objRS = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>objConn. Open "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source=" & Server.MapPath("YOURDATABSE.mdb")<BR>objRS.Open "YOURTABLE", objConn, adOpenDynamic, adLockOptimistic, adCmdTable<BR><BR>objRS.AddNew<BR>objRS("YOURFIELD 1") = YOURFIELD1<BR>objRS("YOURFIELD2") = YOURFIELD2<BR>objRS("YOURFIELD3") = YOURFIELD3<BR>objRS.Update<BR><BR>objRS.Close<BR>o bjConn.Close<BR>Set objRS = Nothing<BR>Set objConn = Nothing <BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>

Default RE: Hyperlinks & insert record?

Create a hidden form on the flash link page that has the hidden values of username, movieid, and accessdate (now()). When they click on the link they&#039;re actually submitting a form that has the above info. <BR><BR>On the flash page just create a dummy page with an inserted flash element. Then delete the part that has the flash object and put the record value there. Then open up a simple recordset based on the moveid of the submitted form and drag it anywhere on the flash page. Then in the source code window, manually cut/paste into the place where the flash object is.<BR><BR>Sincerely,<BR><BR>Matt<BR>matt@betapart icle.com<BR>http://www.betaparticle.com/matt