a scenario

Thread: a scenario

Default a scenario

i&#039;m a XML newbie & i would like to know if XML can fit into the following scenario -<BR><BR>Its a quiz application & i need to show a set of q&#039;s from the questions d/b. there should be minimal time delay between q&#039;s shown one at a time. On completion user&#039;s answers must be sent to the server for processing. application must work on any browser.<BR><BR>using client-side scripting and the xml doc , i think, would make a good interface but how can i get the dynamically built XML document , lets say , using ASP so that it works on all browsers ? Is it a workable solution ?<BR><BR>What are the other possible ways ( i&#039;m aware of Java applet ).<BR><BR>are there any &#039;live&#039; examples with code ?<BR><BR>thanks in advance for your time...<BR><BR>

Default RE: a scenario

If it really must work on "ANY" browser then your only option is straight HTML with ALL logic on the server. There are people still using Lynx 1.0 out there somewhere...<BR><BR>Processing XML on the client is only really a viable option for IE 5+ (and possibly NS 6 - I haven&#039;t really looked at it yet).<BR><BR>Be realistic - is the time for a server round trip really that critical in this application? It CAN be done client side in the MAJOR browsers, but it&#039;s a world of pain to support all those different DOMs...<BR><BR>Dunc