ASP Auto-Refresh

Thread: ASP Auto-Refresh

Default ASP Auto-Refresh

I am a bit stuck trying to find the syntax to append all form data to the query string. I am using the META redirect refresh tag if that helps. Also where would I put the code for the query string.<BR><BR>Thanks

Dragonne Guest

Default Gonna try to answer

OK, I can only give an example and explain the QueryString to you because your question was a little vague.<BR><BR>The syntax for a QueryString is pretty simple. Start with your URL:<BR><BR><BR><BR>Then to provide the first QueryString value you have to add a ? to it:<BR><BR><BR><BR>Then you add the first value description:<BR><BR><BR><BR>Followed by an = like so:<BR><BR><BR><BR>Then the value:<BR><BR><BR><BR>If you wish to provide more than one just add an & followed by the description, an =, and the next value. You can keep on doing this until you reach 255 characters in the URL+QueryString, which is the maximum length(I think). Example:<BR><BR><BR><BR>When using variables in your page to construct the URL+QueryString, you want to use Server.URLEncode method for string values. This will prevent problems with special characters. Example:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR><BR>Link1 = "" & Request.Form("FormTextBoxNumeric1") & "&Var2=" & Request.Form("FormTextBoxNumeric2") & "&Str3=" & Server.URLEncode(Request.Form("FormTextBoxString1" ))<BR><BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>There is no need to unencode the data requested from URLEncode, ASP does this automatically for you. I hope this gives you the information you are looking for.<BR><BR>Good luck! :)