Class not registered

Thread: Class not registered

Neil Thibeault Guest

Default Class not registered

Hello, I get this error message when trying to repair and compact the Access DB from my ASP page. Why? and what can I do to get around it?<BR><BR>The code I use is below and I&#039;ve tried different methods no difference in error message. So if you know the answer that will help with the code below not alternative methods it would be apriciated.<BR><BR>Thanks.<BR><BR>Set Engine = CreateObject("JRO.JetEngine")<BR>Engine.CompactDat abase "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=Server.MapPath(""freddymyDB01.mdb"")", _<BR>"Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=Server.MapPath(""freddymyDB02.mdb"")"

Default RE: Class not registered

&nbsp;<BR>Firstly, your connection string is badly invalid. it should be<BR><BR>"Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & Server.MapPath("freddymyDB01.mdb"), _<BR>"Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & Server.MapPath("freddymyDB02.mdb")<BR><BR>notice how I&#039;ve concatenated the Server.MapPath call, instead of making it part of the string?<BR><BR>j<BR><BR>j