CDONTS problem

Thread: CDONTS problem

Marty Guest

Default CDONTS problem

I have a script from MS&#039;s site that seems to work great but I need to modify it slightly. The body of the e-mail works great if it is set to 1 value only from the form. I have tried to make the value of strBody to contain more than 1 field without success. I have tried several different syntaxes. Can anyone help out? The relevant code is below:<BR><BR> strFrom=request.form("From")<BR> strTo=request.form("To")<BR> strSubject = request.form("Subject")<BR> strBody=request.form("q1")<BR><BR>

... Guest

Default RE: CDONTS problem

strBody=request.form("q1")<BR>strBody = strBody & Request.Form("Q2")<BR><BR><BR>

Marty Guest

Default Yes thank you. Now 1 more

I&#039;ve got that working but now I have a layout problem.<BR><BR>When the e-mail is delivered I am getting some weird line breaks. For example I am printing the question and the want a line feed and then the answer and then 2 line feeds and the next question and so on. The way I&#039;m doing it is below but a question that is only 4 words long will print in the e-mail on 2 lines in some cases and not in others. Same is true of the answers. Here is a partial of how I am doing it now any help in getting this to layout properly would be great.<BR><BR> strBody=strbody & request.form("q1")<BR> strBody=strBody & ("<BR>")<BR> strBody=strBody & request.form("a1")<BR> strBody=strBody & ("<BR><BR>")<BR> strBody=strBody & request.form("q2")<BR> strBody=strBody & ("<BR>")<BR> strBody=strBody & request.form("a2")<BR> strBody=strBody & ("<BR><BR>")

Default RE: Yes thank you. Now 1 more

Use vbCrLf instead of &lt;br /&#062;.<BR><BR>For example:<BR><BR> strBody=strbody & request.form("q1") & vbCrLf<BR> strBody=strBody & request.form("a1") & vbCrLf<BR> strBody=strBody & request.form("q2") & vbCrLf<BR> strBody=strBody & request.form("a2") & vbCrLf<BR><BR>HTH<BR><BR>Darren<BR>[ ]<BR>

Default Test