Unable to connect to any databases

Thread: Unable to connect to any databases

Kevin Guest

Default Unable to connect to any databases

Hi, <BR><BR>I&#039;m trying to connect to the Access database and I keep getting this same error message when connecting to ALL my databases: <BR><BR>Server ObjectError &#039;ASP 0177 : 80029c4a&#039; <BR>Server.CreateObject Failed. <BR><BR>I think I am configuring my connection to the database correctly: <BR>dim con <BR>set con=server.createObject("ADODB.Connection") <BR>con.open "DSN"=Northwind" <BR>-- <BR>con.close <BR>set con=nothing <BR><BR>I even downloaded the latest Access drivers and MDAC2.6sdk from Microsoft. This is a common problem when connecting to all my databases.<BR><BR>I don&#039;t know what else to do. Can anyone help? Thanks. <BR><BR>Kevin

Default dunno if this is the reason, but...

... it&#039;s a screw up all the same<BR><BR>con.open "DSN"=Northwind" <BR><BR>con.open "DSN=Northwind"<BR><BR>notice your extra double quote. that should throw an immediate compilation error rather than allowing it to get to createObject at runtime. so my theory is you didn&#039;t copy + paste that code in, so it may not contain the error.<BR><BR>j