copying an image form a remote server

Thread: copying an image form a remote server

Default copying an image form a remote server

Hi,<BR><BR>I have a situation whereby I display a FTSE100 graph on my website (from a<BR>business partners site). Last week UUNET European backbone was down and as<BR>the graph comes from Germany my site was down until UUNET sorted out there<BR>problem. What I&#039;m now trying to do is protect myself from this happening in<BR>the future by copying the image to my server and calling from there. I<BR>thought that I might be able to do it using FSO but that does not allow my<BR>to copy the image from the remote server. I cannot seem to find any<BR>information about anything like this, has any body come across this before<BR>or have any ideas as to the road I should be going down.<BR><BR>Regards<BR><BR>David<BR><BR>Regards<B R>

Default RE: copying an image form a remote server

Speak to your ISP about a solution for your problem. Also, ensure that you use &#060;%on error resume next%&#062; code in your asp to run scipts on the page which has your embedded graph. This way, the rest of yur page will still parse, minus the graph area.<BR><BR>Hope this helps,<BR><BR>IQ