Strangest Error!

Thread: Strangest Error!

Default Strangest Error!

Hi, <BR><BR>I am trying to display the contents of a Text field (from a SQL 2000 database) onto the page, and what a wierd error I get! <BR><BR>Number:-2147217887 <BR>Source : <BR>Description : Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status value, if available. No work was done. <BR>File Name : /kbapp/Sections/DisplaySection.asp, Line 48 <BR><BR>And, all line 48 is doing, is copying the contents of the Text field (Section_Content) from the recordset into a Variable for displaY later, like this: <BR><BR>sContent = rsSection("Section_Content") <BR><BR>I even tried using the recordset directly instead of the variable for display, but then it gives me a "Exception occurred" error. Any ideas what could be wrong, and how I can resolve this? Thanks in advance, and God Bless! <BR><BR>Wil.

Default RE: Strangest Error!

Im having the same error and I cant figure it out either. Im trying to write the contents of a text field (SQL 7) on my asp page. <BR><BR>Heres my code:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>set rsTmp=server.createobject("adodb.recordset")<BR>sq l = "SELECT Lyrics, CatalogID, Artist, SongTitle, AlbumTitle FROM Products Where CatalogID=&#039;"&CatalogID&"&#039;"<BR>rsTmp.Open sql, objConn<BR><BR>response.write rsTmp.Fields("Lyrics").Value<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>The error occurs on the line where I response.write the value.<BR><BR>