Access & asp

Thread: Access & asp

Danny Diaz Guest

Default Access & asp

I am writing a web application. This application will handle multiple requests at the same time. Foe example user A can view a baseball team roster will User B view player stats. There can be about 50-100 user at any given time. This web site should be able to handle that kind of traffic. My question can I use Access for my back end. I know SQL is a more powerful DBMS by I do not have the money to purchase it. <BR><BR>So can Access handle the traffic.<BR><BR>Thank you for your time. <BR>D.Diaz<BR>

Brad Kingsley Guest

Default RE: Access & asp

Access can handle quite a lot - except the one time when more than a couple of people try to execute a query at the same time.<BR><BR>There are quite a few hosting solutions that are afforable and allow for the use of SQL Server - you really should look into some before you deploy an application that will most likely have to be redone in the future (upgrade from Access to SQL Server)<BR><BR>~Brad Kingsley<BR>Reliable NT Hosting<BR>

Danilo Diaz Guest

Thanks for your help. My problem is that I do not own a copy of SQL Server. I know that I can get SQL hosting for a ggos price, but how do a design the back end if a do not own a copy of it.

Brad Kingsley Guest

Do you own Visual Studio 6? If so, how about the MSDE engine? Or you can develop the app in Access and deploy it to the server for QC testing/tweaking before going live.<BR><BR>~Brad Kingsley<BR>Reliable NT Hosting<BR><BR>