I tried to open a recordset with following code from VID6:<BR> Set DB=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR> Set RScatalog_item = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.RecordSet")<BR> SearchString = "select * from Product"<BR> DB.Open Application("Connection1_ConnectionString")<BR> RScatalog_item.Open SearchString, DB, adOpenKeyset ,adLockReadOnly <BR><BR>The error message is:<BR>The application is using arguments that are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are in conflict with one another. <BR><BR>I can open the recordset with RS=DB.Excute(SearchString), but it gave me an error when I tried to get the record number with: RS.Recordcount. And the value of RS.RecordCount is actually -1, which means the data provider does not support this property. <BR><BR>Here is my connection in my GLOBAL.ASA file:<BR> &#039--Project Data Connection<BR> Application("Connection1_ConnectionString") = "DSN=giftway;SERVER=(local);UID=sa;APP=Microso ft Development Environment;WSID=PENG;DATABASE=gift"<BR> Application("Connection1_ConnectionTimeout") = 15<BR> Application("Connection1_CommandTimeout") = 30<BR> Application("Connection1_CursorLocation") = 3<BR> Application("Connection1_RuntimeUserName") = "sa"<BR> Application("Connection1_RuntimePassword") = ""<BR><BR>I used the same method with the Access Database and works well<BR><BR>Please tell me where the problem is. I need to used RecordCount and AbsolutePage property from VID6 with SQL7<BR><BR>Thanks<BR><BR><BR>Peng