Passing Data between frames

Thread: Passing Data between frames

tommy2412 Guest

Default Passing Data between frames

I have 3 frames.<BR>On the 1st frame there is a combobox filled with data.<BR>When i choose from the combobox, it will send a variable to the 2nd frame (post, onchange).<BR><BR>Is it possible that when i choose from the combobox it will send a variable to the 2nd and the 3rd frame???<BR><BR>Can someone help me?? Does anyone got the code for it?? Please, let me know....<BR><BR>Greetings,<BR><BR>Tom

Default i'm sure theres a better way but...

refresh the frames and pass it at the end...<BR><BR>frame1.asp?varName=2

Default RE: i'm sure theres a better way but...

Hmm<BR><BR>I read something about this<BR><BR>I would read their form and frame faqs, great code generally.

Los Angeles, CA

Default That is easy

try something like this in your frame base page<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>dim abc<BR>dim qs<BR><BR>qs = Request.QueryString("a")<BR>abc = "Frame1.asp"<BR>if qs &#060;&#062; "" then<BR>abc = abc & "?a=" & qs<BR>end if<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;frameset rows=50%,50%&#062;<BR>&#060;frame src=&#060;%=abc%&#062; &#062;<BR>&#060;frame src=Frame2.asp&#062;<BR>&#060;/frameset&#062;<BR><BR>notice what i am doing?? If a QueryString is passed to the framsebase then that will be passed to the frame you want to